This page is for users who see a Connection Limit Reached warning.
With a single subscription, you can connect five devices to ExpressVPN at the same time, regardless of platform (including virtual machines). In short:
If you’re getting a “Connection Limit Reached” warning but have only five or fewer devices connected, contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance.
Examples of possible device combinations
One ExpressVPN subscription can be used on:
- five computers, or
- two iPhones, two iPads, and a MacBook, or
- two computers, one Kindle Fire, one iPhone, and one router, or
- any other similar combination regardless of device type.
What if I need to connect more than 5 devices?
If you would like to use ExpressVPN with more than five devices simultaneously, you can:
- purchase additional subscriptions, or
- share your connection from a Windows or Mac computer, or
- set up a VPN router and connect as many devices to it as you wish.
Make the most of your ExpressVPN subscription
Take advantage of your ExpressVPN subscription by installing ExpressVPN’s apps on all of your computers and devices. See instructions for:
- Installing ExpressVPN on Windows
- Installing ExpressVPN on Mac
- Installing ExpressVPN on Android
- Installing ExpressVPN on iPhone and iPad
- Installing ExpressVPN on Linux
- Installing ExpressVPN on Blackberry
- Using the ExpressVPN app for routers