Too frustrated to read this page?
Talk to a Human
A proxy server is an intermediary between your computer and the Internet, often used to hide your real location and allow you to access websites that would otherwise be blocked.
If you’re having trouble connecting to the Internet, it’s possible that it has been set to use a proxy server.
To disable proxy in Safari:
- Click on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click on the Change Settings (next to Proxies).
- Under Select a protocol to configure, uncheck any ticked boxes.
- Click Apply Now if you made any changes.
- Click OK and close any open boxes to save your settings.