Too frustrated to read this page?
Talk to a Human
A proxy server is an intermediary between your computer and the internet, often used to hide your real location and allow you to access websites that would otherwise be blocked. However, not all proxies offer the same privacy protections as a VPN. When you’re using ExpressVPN, you don’t need an additional proxy running.
If you’re having trouble connecting to the internet, it’s possible that it has been set to use a proxy server.
For instructions on how to disable your proxy in Chrome, please refer to the section appropriate to your computer.
Disable proxy for Chrome on Windows
- Click on the Chrome Menu in the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- In the “System” section, click Open proxy settings. This will open the Internet Properties window.
- Under “Local Area Network (LAN) settings,” click on LAN settings.
- Under “Automatic configuration,” uncheck Automatically detect settings. Also make sure Use a proxy server for your LAN is unchecked too.
- Click OK, and OK.
Disable proxy for Chrome on Mac
- Click on the Chrome Menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Advanced.
- Under “System,” click Open proxy settings. This will open the Network Settings window.
- In the “Proxies” tab, under “Select a protocol to configure,” uncheck every protocol.
- Click OK and then Apply. You may then close any other open menus.
For further issues, including not being able to access certain websites and services, contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance.