If you already have a Linksys router at home, you can set up the ExpressVPN app for routers to add a layer of security and privacy to your browsing.
Note: The below steps are only for these Linksys router models:
- Linksys WRT1200AC
- Linksys WRT1900AC 13J1
- Linksys WRT1900AC 13J2
- Linksys WRT1900ACS
- Linksys WRT3200ACM
- Linksys EA6200
If you purchased an above router via FlashRouters, please see the setup steps here.
If you purchased an above router from a source other than FlashRouters and have not set it up, please see the setup steps for the WRT1200, WRT1900, WRT3200, or EA6200.
If you use a different router, please try the manual router setup steps.
Download the ExpressVPN app for your Linksys router
- Sign in to your ExpressVPN account.
- Click Set Up on More Devices.
- Select Router on the left and your Linksys router model on the right-side drop down.
- Click Download Firmware. You should also copy or make a note of your activation code as you’ll need to enter it during setup later.
Set up the ExpressVPN app on your Linksys router
Before proceeding, make sure your Linksys router is correctly set up and connected to the internet.
- Sign in to your router admin panel at www.linksyssmartwifi.com. Enter the username “admin” then click Sign In.
- Select Connectivity.
- Under Router Firmware Update – Manual, click Choose File and upload the ExpressVPN firmware you just downloaded.
- Click Start and follow instructions to perform the initiate update. Your router will restart during this process.
- Connect to your router’s Wi-Fi or by cable then go to www.expressvpnrouter.com.
- Click Get Started to begin the setup process.
- Paste your ExpressVPN activation code then connect to a VPN location.
Connect to a different server location
To connect to a different server location, click on the location picker.
Browse through the available locations, then click on a location to connect to it.
You can also use the search bar to search for a location to connect to. Click on a location to connect to it.